NC HEALTH REPORT: Take Action - NC Slashes Health Programs; National Reform Needed Now!
May 29, 2009
By Adam Searing
- Closing NC Health Choice, affordable health coverage for children of working parents, to new families who wish to sign up, even those newly unemployed.
- Slashing funding to Community Care of NC, the award-winning health program for kids and families that keeps patients at their family doctors and out of the emergency room.
- Tens of millions from mental health services and health care payments to providers -- making mental health care and all other health care much more difficult to access.
- TAKE ACTION - Visit Obama's website on health reform and sign up to register your support for national reform. You can also find out about meetings and house parties pushing for change.
- TAKE ACTION - Contact US Senator Kay Hagan toll free (1-877-852-9462). Check out her website to find out when to see her in person. Tell her that: 1. We need reform that includes a public plan option so we don't have to deal with NC Blue Cross if we don't want to, and 2. Quality health plans -- public or private -- need to be affordable for working North Carolinians.
- GET INVOLVED - See our NC Health Report newsletter from this week for more information about our small business health reform roundtable, local evening meetings on health care and the budget, and tons of information about what's going on and how to get involved. See our blog for daily updates on health care reform and the budget.