North Carolina has one of the highest rates of people working who earn poverty wages. This hurts children, families, and communities. North Carolina should have an economy that works for all and ensures every family can make ends meet. A state Tax Credit for Working Families could help.
- Report: State EITC could improve the health of North Carolinians
- Brief: A Bottom-Up Tax Cut: A North Carolina Earned Income Tax Credit Boosts Local Communities, Working Families
- Reports: Together, state EITC and adequate minimum wage work to strengthen families, and boost the economy
- Blog: An Earned Income Tax Credit for North Carolina is just common sense
- Fact Sheet: NC Earned Income Tax Credit: More money returned to the pockets of hardworking families (PDF)
Contact your legislators about supporting a state-level tax credit for working families in North Carolina!
Join in our “Love NC, Fund NC” campaign, which includes the establishment of a bottom-up tax cut through a working family tax credit, a “millionaire’s tax,” and investment in the building blocks of a thriving North Carolina.