Your Voice, Your Vote Voter Guides
Representatives from the North Carolina Justice Center will join with local experts to discuss the important policy issues in education, health care, criminal justice, housing, and fighting poverty that are important for Eastern North Carolina and your communities.
RSVP to join us to hear about what’s happening in Raleigh and why voting matters to the policy choices that our leaders make in the next year.
ALL EVENTS WILL START AT 6 PM
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th at 6 PM will be a discussion of the criminal justice system and why fines and fees are hurting people’s ability to fully participate in community life. Register here.
- WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th at 6 PM will be a discussion of the challenges facing renters in affording rent and utility payments during COVID-19 and beyond and the critical role of policies that can help people stay at home. Register here.
- THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1st at 6 PM will be a discussion of the policies that North Carolina can advance that fight poverty and support people’s access to affordable health care. Register here.
- ***SPECIAL EVENT at 7pm: Join with other people across the South in a vigil for Medicaid expansion. Register here for this special event
- FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2nd at 6 PM will be a discussion of education funding and the constitutional right every child has in our state to a sound basic education. Register here.
This non-partisan issue education series for voters is hosted by the NAACP Pasquotank County Branch, Sunshine Station, and faith leaders from across the region as well as the North Carolina Justice Center.