Legislators, workers, business owners to urge passage of legislation raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2022
WHAT: $15forNC Raising Wages NC Lobby Day Press Conference
WHO: Senator Floyd McKissick, Representative Susan Fisher, and the the Raising Wages NC Coalition
WHERE: NC General Assembly Press Room, 16 W. Jones Street, Raleigh
WHEN: Tuesday, May 22, 1:00 p.m.
RALEIGH (May 21, 2018) —Raising Wages NC, a growing campaign of legislators, workers, advocates, businesses, and faith leaders, comes to the General Assembly this week to urge passage of legislation to raise the state’s minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $12 an hour by 2020 and $15 an hour by 2022.
At the event, the following speakers will support raising the minimum wage:
- Senator Floyd McKissick, Master of Ceremonies
- Representative Susan Fisher
- MaryBe McMillan, President of the North Carolina State AFL-CIO
- Sarah Parker, owner, Durham Catering Company
- Justasia Drayton, Alamance County retail employee
- Other members of the General Assembly
Directly affected workers and business owners from the Triangle will be available for comment.
For more information about the campaign visit www.raisingwagesnc.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Allan Freyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-598-1488; Jeremy Sprinkle, NC State AFL-CIO, 336-255-2711.