Prepared by Fight for $15 and the Justice Center’s Workers’ Rights Project
We hope this booklet will help you understand more about your rights as a worker in North Carolina. If you are having a problem at work, here are some things you might want to do:
- Write down what is happening right away, including the date and any witnesses.
- If you think you aren’t being paid correctly, write down your start and stop times for work each day, and the times of any breaks.
- Keep all of your paystubs, employee handbook, and other papers related to your work.
- Make sure you know the full name and contact information for the company and for any supervisors.
- Don’t post about work on social media!