Join us for our annual overview of the North Carolina state budget, economic forecast, and issues affecting your community and add your voice to the discussion.
United Way and the Budget & Tax Center, a project of the NC Justice Center, are teaming up to share the story of the economy and the state budget, and engage with you in discussion about the issues affecting your community. As part of the event, regional data will be presented to demonstrate the impacts being felt in local communities. When you leave, prepare to roll up your sleeves and put what you learned into action right where you live and work!
Here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Information on North Carolina's economic recovery and how families are faring
- Overview of the state budget decisions and whether the state is making up need ground in education, financial stability and health
- Regional and local data on the economy and impacts of policy decisions
- Tools to make an impact on the issues you care most about
Ultimately, this event will provide an opportunity to join with others to focus your local advocacy for the greatest outcomes.
Click here to read the BTC Roadshow Companion Guide.
- Jill Cox; Government Relations and Communications Director, United Way of North Carolina
- Alexandra Sirota; Director, Budget & Tax Center
Click here for more information.